Friday, November 23, 2012

One More Reason I Love My Husband

Husband is not perfect.  I am not perfect.  I never claimed either of us were.  We have our ups and downs like every other married couple.  Sometimes, though, something extraordinary happens, and I love him even more.

We were trying to figure out what we wanted for lunch.  The kids snagged cinnamon pancakes left over from breakfast and husband voted to have leftover chili that he had made, which just left me.  He asked me what I wanted.

"I'll just have a sandwich or something," I said.  I'm still a little hormonal right now and certain foods just disgust me at the moment.  Chili is one of them.

"But what do you want?" he asked.  "Do you want some scallops?"

"We do have the calico scallops in the freezer."

"Or," he said, "We could go and get some sea scallops from the seafood market."

So we did.  And mussels, too.  Then, although he had already eaten, that marvelous man went in the kitchen and made fresh noodles, peppers from the garden, sea scallops and mussels, just for me, because he loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment