Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Another Update on the We-Vibe Touch

If you haven't picked up on the idea, the We-Vibe Touch is one of my favorite vibrators.  It fits between Husband and I during intercourse (especially in the cowgirl position), and that's just awesome.  When it spontaneously stopped working, I was heartbroken, but thankfully it was under warranty.  So I submitted a warranty claim online, and a few days after that We-Vibe told me it sounds like it's defective and to send it back to them to be checked.

I debated long and hard as to whether or not to bother sending it back, mostly because the idea of going to the post office and standing in line at this time of year, plus filling out a customs form (it's going to Canada), frankly frightened me.  I have enough Eden Points that I could just get a new one for free, no post office line necessary, but I was saving those points for other things.

So, this morning I made the trip out to the post office, kiddos in tow, which by itself was scary.  I got there shortly after 9am, and found there were only two people ahead of me.  Score!  When it was my turn at the counter, I told the woman that my package needed to go to Canada.  She simply said, "Ah!  You'll need this custom form then."  She handed me a form that was a little bigger than an index card that only asked for what was in the package, how much it was worth, where it was going and where it was from.  In case you are wondering what I declared it to be, I wrote "Massager under warranty," which is what We-Vibe suggests writing, since when it comes down to it, it is a massager.  You don't really have to write sex toy or vibrator.  How embarrassing would that be?

The post office trip was actually pretty painless, although I really didn't like having to pay to send back a defective item.  That seems silly.  I've never had to pay for shipping to return a defective item before, and it slightly shifted my opinion of their customer service.  I ended up paying under $20 to ship it back, which is almost 1/4 of what paid for the thing in the first place.  I don't like that.

What happens next is if the Touch is in fact found to be defective, they'll send a replacement from New York.

Hold it.  They're making me pay the extra money to have it shipped internationally when they have a location in New York?  Couldn't they have people in New York capable of checking it for defects?  Obviously they don't, but why not?

The experience isn't horrible, but it is kind of a PITA.  But I went through it anyway.  I love the Touch that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment