Sunday, October 7, 2012

I'm Just Not in the Mood

Sometimes life gets in the way.  When that happens...well, it sucks.  Husband and I had been exhausted and busy, and at the end of the day we collapsed onto our living room furniture, maybe with a drink, and just relaxed and watched TV.  After a couple of days of this, something very disturbing happened: I didn't want to have sex.  At all.  What I wanted was a cup of tea and my big chair, followed by bed.  For a sex blogger, that situation is challenging.  For a wife that has a very active sex life with her husband, it is downright bad.  And it's not the first time this has been an issue.  Something had to be done.

Finally Husband, who was just as exhausted and disinterested as I was, said, "Do you want to have sex?"

I was honest in my answer.  "No.  But I feel like we should."  It was the absolute truth.  I did not want to have sex, but I was aware that we were falling into a hole that is not easily climbed out of.

We forced ourselves to get back to our old routine.  And afterwards, we felt so much better.  I think I really do believe that the more you have it, the more you want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment