Monday, December 3, 2012

Jopen Ego e3 Review

If you've done any research on sex toys, you've probably run across the Jopen line at least once.  Jopen is California Exotics's luxury line, and one that I've stayed away from for a very long time.  Not only are they very pricey, but I tend to stay away from anything made by California Exotics due to some negative experiences I've had.  However, with my We-Vibe Touch replacement not here yet (but it is on it's way) and many, many glowing reviews about it, I decided to give the Jopen Ego e3 a shot.

A little bit about it:   the Ego e3 is a penis ring made to be used during intercourse.  The penis slips through the opening in the ring and slides down to the base (you may or may not need lubricant for this part).  The vibrating shell shape then, in theory, sits against the woman's clitoris.  

The Ego e3 is rechargeable with the included USB charging cable, multi-speed, and waterproof.  To turn on, you press and hold the button on the top until the desired strength is reached, and push it once to turn it off.  There is a travel lock function to prevent an embarrassing vibrating suitcase moment which can be activated by pressing the button rapidly 3 times, and unlocking the same way.  The e3 is made of silicone, so remember that if you need some lubricant to use water-based lube only.  Silicone lubricant does not get along with silicone toys.

Packaging: This part was actually pretty nice.  The e3 package has several parts.  The outer sleeve is black, textured, and although not discreet (there is a large photo of the e3 on the back), it's not really tacky, either.  When you remove the outer sleeve, there is an inner blue box.  The box is lined with foam with shaped recesses for the vibrator and charger.


What I loved:  Um...it's waterproof, rechargeable, rumbly (not buzzy) vibrations, and made silicone.

What I didn't:  Everything else.  This vibe was a valiant effort by Jopen/CalEx to produce something amazing, and a lot of people are very pleased with it, but I hated it for several reasons.  

First, there is the strength of the vibrations.  If Hitatchi is a high 5 in strength, the We-Vibe Touch is a mid-4 in strength, then this one is a low 3.  That's extremely disappointing because for me, I need at least a 4.  A 3 doesn't cut it.

Second, even though I was really attracted to that shell shape, it failed me.  Miserably.  I thought the ridges stood out much more than they actually do and the center ridge would hit my clitoris nicely.  However, the ridges were barely raised so it didn't help anything and just gave the sense of broad, mild vibrations, where I need something a little more exact.

Third, the battery life is horrible.  And I mean horrible.  The e3 only lasts for about 20 minutes on high, and with the vibrations being so weak, 20 minutes is certainly not enough.

Final thought:  Many people have used the e3 with great success and are head over heels in love with it.  Not me.  It didn't even kind of get me close to orgasm, and it's too uncomfortable for Husband to wear if it doesn't do anything for me.  Now, if the vibrations were stronger, the center ridge more pronounced, and the battery life longer, I would love it.  As it is, I just don't like it.



~I received this product at a discount in exchange for writing an honest review on another site~

No comments:

Post a Comment